Eagle Creek Trail Invasive Plant Removal, OR
Saturday, September 21, 20198:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Join Friends Stewardship Volunteer Coordinator Mika Barrett at the Eagle Creek trail to remove invasive plants. Together, we will help preserve this trail that was significantly impacted by the 2017 Eagle Creek fire.Volunteers will work at the beginning of the trail to remove the invasive plant herb Robert. Herb Robert poses a threat to the forest understory and plant diversity. It is capable of growing under a full, closed canopy and especially likes disturbed soils. The infestation of herb Robert on the Eagle Creek trail is prolific and we need your help.
Due to the nature of the trail conditions and closure status, this work party is not suitable for volunteers under the age of 18.
Physical Demands: The work involves hand pulling, sitting, standing, and bending down.
*Hazards: Poison oak, hilly and rocky terrain.
No experience necessary and all tools will be provided.
We appreciate our volunteers! As a thank you, volunteers are gifted with a free Friends of the Columbia Gorge tech-tee after completing 3 stewardship work parties. For those who have gone above and beyond for the Gorge, volunteers earn a NW Forest Pass after completing 6 stewardship work parties with the U.S. Forest Service and Oregon Parks and Recreation Department.
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Boots or close toe shoes
- Long pants and extra layers of clothing
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A smile and the excitement to learn new skills and meet great people!
- 8:00 a.m. Be ready to sign in and meet the crew
- 8:15 a.m. Gather for a safety briefing and restoration demo
- 8:30 a.m. Restoration project begins
- 10:00 a.m. Lunch break
- 10:30 a.m. Restoration project continues
- 1:00 p.m. Work party concludes
*Registration is a two-step process*
*Warning: The Eagle Creek trail is currently closed to the public, participation will only be available to those registered.*
- Click "+Add" to complete a separate ticket for each person in your party.
- On 2nd page, click the bubble next to the main contact’s name (to autofill the information). This person will receive the confirmation email.