Historic image of the Mitchell Point Tunnel on the Historic Columbia River Highway.
Your used vehicle can have new life protecting the Columbia Gorge! Donating your car or truck to Friends of the Columbia Gorge is easy and your tax-deductible gift goes straight to the ongoing work of protecting and enhancing this special place.
How to donate your vehicle to Friends of the Columbia GorgeTo get started donating your vehicle to Friends, or to learn more about the process, contact our vehicle donation partner Speed’s Towing.
- Phone: 503-234-5555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
- Does my car have to be running? No, but the car must have an engine and be towable.
- How much will be donated to Friends of the Columbia Gorge? The amount that will be donated to Friends depends on the condition of the vehicle. All vehicles are sold at an auto auction as is.
- Is my donation tax-deductible? Yes. Friends will send you a final tax receipt after the vehicle is sold.
- Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up? No. Pickups are generally done Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. You don’t need to be present, but if you are unable to be present for the pickup, you will need coordinate with Speed’s Towing where to leave your car’s paperwork and keys.