Friday, January 18, 2019
3545 Bret Clodfelter Way
The Dalles, OR 97058
U.S. Army Corps Fisheries Bio-technician Jim Day will introduce us to bald eagles that migrate to the Gorge to feed on the salmon. We'll get an up-close view of these special raptors using spotting scopes. The bald eagle viewing will be from 10-11:30 a.m.
Afterwards, join Outdoor Programs Coordinator Kate Lindberg for an optional wine tasting nearby and continued conversation (specific winery TBD). We'll plan on wine tasting until about 1:30 p.m.
Ensure you're prepared for the day:
- Plan for colder weather; wear layers.
- Wear comfortable shoes as we'll be standing the entire time.
- Bring binoculars if you have them.
- Bring your own lunch/snacks and water.
- Participants are responsible for their own wine tasting and any additional purchases made.