Sunday, July 15, 2018
SW Portage Road
Cascade Locks, OR 97014
Enjoy a summer afternoon in the heart of the Gorge relaxing on Thunder Island. This free, family-friendly event will feature live music by the Cool Whips, a delectable potluck buffet, short walks, and update by Friends staff and board.
- Potluck dish to serve 8-12 people and serving ware. If your last name begins with: A-M bring a side dish | N-Z bring a main dish.
- Lawn chair or blanket, and optional frisbee
- Your own plate, cup and utensils
- Friends and family!
- We will provide beverages (beer, lemonade & water) and dessert.
Event ScheduleMore details to come - check back soon!
Optional Carpool/Ride Request
If you are interested in carpooling or need a ride to the picnic, please contact Kate Lindberg at email@example.com or 971-634-1265.
Ride the Columbia Gorge ExpressConsider taking the Columbia Gorge Express to the picnic. Hop on the bus at Gateway Transit Center at 10:15 a.m. and you’ll arrive at Cascade Locks (WaNaPa Street & School Drive) around 11:15 a.m. You can purchase tickets in advanced. www.columbiagorgeexpress.com
- From Cascade Locks, continue on WaNaPa Street for .6 miles from the west or .8 miles from the east.
- Turn onto SW Portage Rd taking you into the Marine Park.
- Travel under the railroad bridge and look for "Friends of the Columbia Gorge" signs.
- Park and follow the signs to the island.
Friends of the Columbia Gorge and the Port of Cascade Locks have partnered together to offer this event at this unique venue.