Friends COVID-19 Event FAQ
Why are vaccinations required for Friends events?
Beginning September 1, 2021, Friends will be requiring proof of vaccination to participate in outdoor events. The highly contagious nature of the Delta variant and recent rapid increase in cases and hospitalizations in Oregon and Washington has led Friends to adopt this new safety protocol. Requiring vaccination proof will make it possible to continue leading programs with the highest level of safety in mind for our participants, volunteers, and staff.
How do I show proof of vaccination?
- Email photo of vaccination card to Friends staff after registering for an event, or
- Present photo of vaccination card or your physical card at event check-in to a Friends staff or volunteer leader. You only need to show card once; Friends will log for future reference that we’ve seen your proof of vaccination. No personal information or photos will be stored.
What if I have a medical or religious exemption?
In order to maintain the highest level of safety, our events are restricted to vaccinated individuals at this time.
Can I bring or sign up my kids?
Only youth who are fully vaccinated may register or attend events at this time.
Do I still need to bring a mask if I am fully vaccinated?
Face masks will still be required for when 6 ft. physical distancing is not possible. We will follow current Oregon and Washington state guidelines and mask mandates for working in groups outdoors.
Do I need to bring my own tools and gloves?
Friends staff will bring tools and gloves to each event for volunteers to borrow and you are also welcome to bring your own. A tool list will be provided before each event, and all borrowed tools will be sanitized after the work party.
I am fully vaccinated. How do I sign up for an event?
Event registration is through Eventbrite. During the registration process you will be prompted to:
- Read and agree to the Liability Waiver
- Agree you will show proof of vaccination to Friends staff or volunteer leader
- Agree you will complete CDC self-checker within 48 hours of event, which asks you if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms
What other COVID-19 safety protocols is Friends following at events?
- Friends is leading only small group events (5-15 participants).
- Events will be structured so that participants can maintain 6 feet of physical distance with those outside their household.
- Masks are required when working, passing, or walking within 6 feet of others.
- Please seek consent before entering another person’s space, and be respectful if asked to stay farther away.
When will Friends decide to cancel an outdoor event?
Events will be cancelled due to low registration, or if it’s the best decision for public health and safety, or federal, state, county guidance. Attendees will be notified.