Friends Outdoor Event Liability Waiver
By clicking the waiver box on the event registration page…
- I agree that hiking, biking, paddling, weed pulling, vegetation cutting, trash clean-up, and other outdoor activities may have inherent risk and I assume full responsibility for my own safety and the safety of others in my group (including any dependents here with me today).
- I agree to hereby release, forever discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Friends of the Columbia Gorge Land Trust and all its employees, volunteers, and other agents from any and all liability for injuries that may be sustained during this outing or traveling to and from this outing.
- I agree that I am responsible for my own medical and evacuation expenses, whether or not I am able to authorize them, in the case of any illness, accident, or other incapacity.
- I agree to follow instructions and guidance from Friends outing, work party, or outdoor activity leaders and shepherds during the outing and understand that my leaders may decline my participation if I’m deemed incapable of safely completing the outing, including if I’m not properly equipped.
- I agree that I did not bring any intoxicants, firearms, or pets (with the exception of dog‐friendly outings).
- I agree and understand that on a stewardship work party outing, I accept the responsibility of using hand or motorized construction tools or may be working in the proximity of such tools when used by others that may cause injury or illness in remote places without medical aid. I also may be lifting and working on narrow and steep trails where unforeseen events caused by the forces of nature could occur.
- I agree and understand that Friends of the Columbia Gorge may use photographs of me with or without my name if over the age of 18 and for any lawful purpose, including for publicity, Gorge conservation effort, fundraising, and public education.
I understand that the World Health Organization has classified COVID-19 as a pandemic; COVID-19 and variants infections can be serious and highly contagious. Friends has implemented policies and practices designed to reduce the risk of transmission; however, given the nature of our outdoor programs it is impossible to provide a completely risk- free environment.
And I agree that:
- I am fully vaccinated (at least two weeks past a second dose) and that I will present my vaccination card by photo or physical copy to Friend of the Columbia Gorge staff or volunteer leader at or prior to this event or outing.
- I agree to complete the CDC’s online Coronavirus Self-Checker within 48 hours of the event and if I am exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms, I will not attend.
- I will follow any applicable federal, state, county or Friends COVID-19 safety guidance during the course of this outing.
- I understand that the COVID‐19 virus has a long incubation period, and that other participants or people encountered during this active may have the COVID-19 virus and not show symptoms.