Sunday, July 9, 2017
SW Portage Road
Cascade Locks, OR 97014
Enjoy a summer afternoon in the Gorge, relaxing on Thunder Island. This free, family-friendly event will feature live music by the Gorge band Fields of May, a delectable potluck buffet, Preserve the Wonder activities, and a short program update by Friends staff.
- Potluck dish to serve 8-12 people and serving ware. We will provide beverages (beer, lemonade & water) and dessert.
- If your last name begins with A-M please bring a main dish, and N-Z bring a side dish.
- Lawn chair or blanket, and optional frisbee
- Your own plate, cup and utensils
- Friends and family!
Event Schedule12:00 pm | Festivities begin, visit booths & participate in activities
12:20 pm | Potluck tent opens
12:30 – 1:30 pm | Enjoy music by Fields of May
1:30 – 2:00 pm | Presentation by Friends Staff
2:00 – 2:30 pm | Fields of May final set and two educational “walk & talks”
2:30 pm | Event concludes
Optional Carpool/Ride Request
If you are interested in carpooling or need a ride to the picnic, please contact Kate Lindberg: email@example.com or (971) 634-1265.
- From Cascade Locks, continue on Wa Na Pa St. for .6 miles from the west/.8 from the east.
- Turn onto SW Portage Rd.
- Travel under the railroad bridge.
- Park and follow the signs to the island.
photo: Fields of May band members
Friends and Port of Cascade Locks have partnered to offer this event at this unique venue.