- Pre-registration is required
- Youth volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Each youth volunteer must register or be registered by parent or guardian.
- Read our Liability Waiver here. You will be asked to check a box acknowledging you read waiver during registration.
- Read our COVID-19 Event FAQ here. Friends is asking volunteers to provide proof of full vaccination. After you register, you will be asked to email a photo of your vaccination card or bring photo or physical card to event.
Since the 2017 fire, volunteers have played a huge role here in keeping up with invasive weeds in sensitive habitat along this trail. Efforts here are helping to preserve endemic wildflowers in the Columbia Gorge and enhance biodiversity at this unique site.
Level of physical work includes hiking about 2 miles round trip with about 600 ft elevation gain. We will be walking on uneven terrain along a trail with steep drop offs. There is also poison oak on this trail. While working, volunteers will be carrying bags of weeds, bending, and kneeling.
What to Bring:
- Lunch, snacks, and plenty of water (we'll picnic on site)
- Face mask (cloth, paper, or medical-grade)
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Work gloves (provided if needed)
- Sun protection
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- Vax card photo
What to Wear:
- Boots or sturdy sneakers
- Long durable pants and long-sleeved shirt
- Dress for weather: extra layers of clothing in case of wet or cold weather
- 9:00 a.m. - Check in and meet the crew
- 9:15 a.m. - Gather for a safety briefing and project demo
- 9:30 a.m. - Hike to project area and remove herb Robert
- 11:00 a.m. - Lunch break
- 1:00 p.m. - Work party concludes
A confirmation email with directions will be sent out 3-5 days before the event.
Questions? Please contact Sarah Skelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-501-6351.
Photo by Mika Barrett