Before you register, please:
- Read our updated digital Liability Waiver here. You will be asked to check a box acknowledging you read waiver during registration.
- Read our COVID-19 Event FAQ here. Friends now requires volunteers to be vaccinated in order to attend work parties. After you register, you will be asked to present proof of vaccination.
Friends volunteers work at this site in partnership with the US Forest Service to enhance habitat for the Western Pond Turtle, a Washington state listed endangered species. This project will focus on planting a variety of wildflower species to compete with invasive weeds and increase diversity for pollinators here.
Difficulty level: Work includes walking in grassy uneven terrain, digging, planting. Our project site is .1 mile hike on a grassy path from the parking area.
There is no official restroom on site.
Hazards: Ticks, uneven terrain, some poison oak
What to Bring:
- Lunch, snacks, and plenty of water
- Face mask (cloth, paper, or medical-grade)
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Work gloves (Friends will also have gloves to borrow)
- Friends will provide all tools needed (tools are sanitized) but you are welcome to bring your own
- Tools: shovel
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- Photo/copy of vaccination card
What to Wear:
- Boots or closed-toe shoes
- Long durable pants and long-sleeved shirt
- Dress for weather: extra layers of clothing in wet or cold weather
- 9:00 a.m. - Be ready to sign in and meet the crew
- 9:15 a.m. - Walk to pond for planting demos
- 9:30 a.m. - Stewardship project begins
- 11:00 a.m. - Lunch break
- 1:00 p.m. - Work party concludes
A confirmation email with directions will be sent out 3-5 days before the event.
Questions? Please contact Sarah Skelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-501-6351.