Memaloose Ridge Renaturing, OR
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Join Friends Land Trust Stewardship Coordinator Sara Woods at Memaloose Ridge to begin renaturing the land.
Friends Land Trust is deconstructing a house to restore the land prior to transferring the preserve to the U.S. Forest Service. Contractors have been working to demo the house on site as the first step to renaturing the land. Volunteers will help pick up trash left behind from the house demo and will rake and reseed the site with native grasses and forbs. No experience is necessary and all tools will be provided.
Difficulty level: Picking up trash, raking, spreading plant seeds.
Hazards include: Walking on uneven terrain and working around sharp objects (nails, staples, etc.).
We appreciate our volunteers! As a thank you, volunteers are gifted with a free Friends of the Columbia Gorge tech-tee after completing 3 stewardship work parties.
What to Bring:
We will provide gloves and all necessary tools.
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Boots or close toe shoes
- Extra layers of clothing in case of wet or cold weather
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A smile and the excitement to learn new skills and meet great people!
- 10:00 a.m. Be ready to sign in and meet the crew
- 10:15 a.m. Gather for a safety briefing and instructions
- 10:30 a.m. Restoration project begins
- 12 noon. Lunch break
- 12:30 p.m. Restoration project continues
- 2:00 p.m. Work party concludes
- Click "+Add" to complete a separate ticket for each person in your party, on the intended ticket level.
- Once tickets are saved, click the "continue" button to go to Page 2.
- On Page 2, click the bubble next to the main contact’s name (to autofill the information). This person will receive the confirmation email.