Bridal Veil Falls State Park Invasive Plant Removal, OR
Thursday, September 12, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Join Friends Stewardship Volunteer Coordinator Mika Barrett at Bridal Veil Falls State Park to remove invasive plants. Together, we will help preserve the biodiversity of this beautiful trail.
Volunteers will help cut down the invasive plant, Himalayan Blackberry that is encroaching upon the native trees and shrubs surrounding the trail. This patch has been treated for years and we are really seeing a great dent!
No experience is necessary and all tools will be provided. Please come dressed for the weather and wearing sturdy, closed-toe shoes. Get ready to have fun!
We appreciate our volunteers! As a thank you, volunteers are gifted with a free Friends of the Columbia Gorge tech-tee after completing 3 stewardship work parties. For those who have gone above and beyond for the Gorge, volunteers earn a NW Forest Pass after completing 6 stewardship work parties with the U.S. Forest Service and Oregon State Parks.
What to Bring
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Boots or close toe shoes
- Thick pants and long sleeve shirt
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A smile and the excitement to learn new skills and meet great people!
(Gloves and tools provided)
- 9:00 a.m. Be ready to sign in and meet the crew
- 9:15 a.m. Gather for a safety briefing and restoration demo
- 9:30 a.m. Restoration project begins
- 11:00 a.m. Lunch break
- 11:30 a.m. Restoration project continues
- 1:00 p.m. Work party concludes
*Registration is a two-step process*
- Click "+Add" to complete a separate ticket for each person in your party.
- On 2nd page, click the bubble next to the main contact’s name (to autofill the information). This person will receive the confirmation email.