Teasel Seedhead Removal at Mosier Plateau, OR
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Join Friends Land Trust Stewardship Coordinator Sara Woods at Mosier Plateau land trust preserve to remove teasel plants in efforts to stop the spread of this invasive species.
Teasel has several phases of growth that act and appear much different. The seedhead phase is its most aggressive form where it can release 10s of thousands of seeds. We'll be cutting seedheads off to prevent further spread of this invasive weed. We've been at this patch for years, and with your help we can continue to see positive changes!
No experience is necessary and tools will be provided. Please come dressed for the weather and wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and be ready to have fun!
What to Bring:
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Long-sleeve shirt and pants
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A smile and the excitement to learn new skills and to meet new people!
- 9:00 a.m. - Be ready to sign in and meet the crew
- 9:15 a.m . - Gather for a safety briefing and restoration demo
- 9:30 a.m. - Restoration project begins
- 11:00 a.m. - Lunch Break
- 11:30 a.m. - Restoration project continues
- 1:00 p.m. - Wrap up and head out
*Registration is a two-step process*
- Click "+Add" to complete a separate ticket for each person in your party.
- On 2nd page, click the bubble next to the main contact’s name (to autofill the information). This person will receive the confirmation email.