Saturday, January 12, 2019
Join Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Oregon Parks and Recreation to plant native shrubs at this waterfront campground in the eastern Gorge.We will begin the day by planting native shrubs and trees throughout the campground. If we finish early, we will spend the remainder of the day removing invasive plants to preserve the biodiversity of this area.
No experience is necessary and all tools will be provided. Please come dressed for the weather and wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes. Get ready to have fun!
As a thank you, volunteers earn a NW Forest Pass after completing 24 hours of service on U.S. Forest Service and Oregon State Parks lands.
What to Bring:
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Rain jacket and pants
- Extra warm clothing in case of wet or cold weather
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A smile and the excitement to learn new skills and meet new people!
- 10:00 a.m. - Be ready to sign in and meet the crew
- 10:15 a.m. - Gather for a safety briefing and planting demo
- 10:30 a.m. - Planting project begins
- 12:00 p.m. - Lunch break
- 12:30 p.m. - Planting project ends
- 2:00 p.m. - Wrap up and head out
*Registration is a two-step process*
Click "+Add" to complete a separate ticket for each person in your party.
On 2nd page, click the bubble next to the main contact’s name (to autofill the information). This person will receive the confirmation email.