The Historic Highway Bingo challenge is now over. However, feel free to play on your own!
Register to play the game.
How to Play
• Check off as many of the Bingo squares as you can between September 24 and October 31.
• The ultimate challenge is to achieve blackout bingo on all three cards. Blackout means checking off all squares.
• Each of the three Bingo cards correspond to a section of the 73-mile Historic Highway.
• All challenges listed are on or near the Historic Highway.
• Finisher prizes are awarded upon completion. Learn more.
How to Submit Your Completed Bingo Game Card(s)Preferred method for submitting your Bingo game card(s) is by taking a picture or scanning your completed bingo card(s) and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also mail it to:
Friends of the Columbia Gorge
333 SW 5th Ave, Suite 300
Portland, OR 97204
View & Print Bingo Game CardsTrip #1: Waterfall Alley
Trip #2: Central Gorge
Trip #3: Eastern Gorge
Entire Bingo booklet (need 8.5 x 14 paper to print)
We encourage you to spend three days (one trip per day) along the Historic Highway to slowly explore and appreciate all that the highway has to offer. We also highly recommend you plan ahead for this challenge. Following these tips will help to ensure a great experience when traveling the Historic Highway:
- Carpool to reduce the number of cars.
- Go on a weekday to avoid weekend congestion.
- Go against the grain and start in the east and travel west on the highway.
- Be aware of bicycles as this is a mixed-use, narrow highway.
- Travel slowly to appreciate all the highway has to offer.
- The Columbia Gorge is a national treasure - do your part to keep it clean and never remove plants from the area.
Connect with Us!
Share your experiences on Instagram at #gorgebingo and on Facebook. Some of the Bingo challenges ask you to take a "selfie" photo and share it on Instagram. It's optional but a fun way to spread the love of the Historic Highway.
- A round of applause goes to Haley Jones for volunteering so many tireless hours in creating this beautiful Bingo booklet!
- A special recognition goes to our team of content contributors for the Bingo Clues. Thank you to former Friends of the Columbia Gorge Board Member Ken Denis and Friends of the Historic Columbia River Highway President Jeanette Kloos.
Get your cameras ready for this year's photo contest kicking off on September 24! The theme is centered around the Historic Columbia River Highway Centennial which is being celebrated this year. Participate in one, two or three of the categories: Beauty Spots, Historic Highway, & Happy Hikers. We're also recognizing the work of budding photographers under the age 18. Capture your best fall shots, win the admiration of Gorge lovers everywhere, and claim some prizes, too.
Oh Snap! Send us your Best Photo
Photo Contest Details